ividyon will never get this done, will he.

Were there RTNP exclusive skins?

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject: Were there RTNP exclusive skins?

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016, 06:55

I vaguely remember getting a whole bunch of new skins when I first installed Unreal Gold which were unique to RTNP, but when I now go back and look for them they don't seem to be there.

It's a likely possibility I'm just imagining things, as the memory is very vague. Am I remembering incorrectly? If not, then is there some explanation for why I can't find them any more, and how I might get them back?

Thanks!

edit:
Massive apologies, I somehow posted this in the content creation board when I meant to post it in General Gameplay. Is it possible to move the thread?
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

watcher_of_the_skies
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: Were there RTNP exclusive skins?

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016, 09:47

Well, check male"x"skins.utx for example.

User avatar zYnthetic
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016, 15:51

Not that I remember. Legend made duplicates of the existing player classes that added some functions to hook into the rtnp cutscene camera. In the process they introduced a pretty bad exploit which absolutely requires any Ugold server to run a mod that disables them.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016, 16:14

You mean those additional Unreal 1 cut skins that got re-added in through mods like Oldskool?
ImageImage

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016, 03:25

UBerserker wrote:You mean those additional Unreal 1 cut skins that got re-added in through mods like Oldskool?

ahh maybe this is it. Problem now is that I've booted up oldskool and tried to choose my skin, but I can't find the cut skins. Although I've got a lot of skins, maybe I just don't know how to identify what I'm looking for.

If it's not too much trouble, could you send over a screenshot of one of the skins? Or tell me the names of a few of them so I can check if i've got them installed? It's really bugging me now :P

edit:

I've just been reading some oldskool documentation, and apparently it was supposed to come with some RealCTF skins as well, but I can't seem to find those in my skin collection either. Feeling a bit confused
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything