Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

Need Help with loading map

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Nalisavior
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Need Help with loading map

Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016, 06:29

Hey Unrealsp.org, so ive been having trouble with the new prison map included in 227 that you are put in when downloading a new map. The mercenary in the other cell makes a constant noise that is very irritating! Can someone give me a link to the map with the mercenary pawn removed? Thanks! :D

User avatar Nalisavior

Subject: Re: Need Help with loading map

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016, 08:41

210 views and no one can help? Id do it myself but i have no idea how to use the editor. I just want the mercenary removed, it makes a constant noise as I'm waiting for a new map to download, it is very irritating.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016, 11:30

Nalisavior wrote:210 views and no one can help? Id do it myself but i have no idea how to use the editor. I just want the mercenary removed, it makes a constant noise as I'm waiting for a new map to download, it is very irritating.

First of all, I (and probably others) haven't a clue about what you mean with the new prison map included in 227.
Next, you say the mercenary makes a lot of noise while you are waiting for an new map to download. What does downloading a map have to do with 227 (unless you mean loading the next map, or you mean that you are playing online and maps are downloaded on the fly??)

About the editor, I don't really know how to use it properly, but years ago, I did load a map into the editor and removed a monster or 2 and a couple of other things, saved the map and it loaded without problems. Just experiment on a copy of the map and see how it goes.

Success!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2016, 11:50

He's probably talking about the U227's modified Entry map (that Prison map from Unreal 1) that's used online when you download maps/files to access the server. Not sure if editing that map will cause mismatch issues online but anyway it's not the Mercenary doing sounds, it's just some ambient sound actors placed in that short red corridor (and the sound radius is small so you can just try to stay away from it?).
ImageImage

User avatar Kajgue
N-Team Leader N-Team Leader

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016, 22:59

salsaSkaarj wrote:
Nalisavior wrote:210 views and no one can help? Id do it myself but i have no idea how to use the editor. I just want the mercenary removed, it makes a constant noise as I'm waiting for a new map to download, it is very irritating.

First of all, I (and probably others) haven't a clue about what you mean with the new prison map included in 227.
Next, you say the mercenary makes a lot of noise while you are waiting for an new map to download. What does downloading a map have to do with 227 (unless you mean loading the next map, or you mean that you are playing online and maps are downloaded on the fly??)

He means entryII.unr, the new waiting room map (the map you wait in while downloading the packages to connect to a server).

It replaces entry.unr which was the multiplayer intermission map before 227. In the new one, a mercenary in the cell opposite to the player doesn't stop talking :P

@Nalisavior:

In your system folder, in the file unreal.ini (a configuration file for the game), you should see something like this at the very top of that file.

URL
Protocol=unreal
ProtocolDescription=Unreal Protocol
Name=Player
Map=Index.unr
LocalMap=Unreal.unr
AltLocalMap=
EntryMap=EntryII.unr
Host=
Portal=
MapExt=unr
SaveExt=usa
Port=7777

All you have to do is to change entryII.unr to just entry.unr. (I've emboldened the mapfile in the example above).
N-Team leader
The Silver Blades clan chief

User avatar Nalisavior

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016, 03:27

Thank you Kajgue, that fixed it.