A random sentence for a random mind.

Just finished Xidia Gold

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar pl1982
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: Just finished Xidia Gold

Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014, 09:51

and it was awesome! Really enjoyed it. Nice challenge (on medium), but not too bad, felt decently balanced and rewarded exploration (which is always a plus for me). Both episodes were very cool. I especially enjoyed the train ride bit, that was cool. Very good mapping and I had a great time. Only minor gripe is that it was a bit sparse on playing music; it was silent most of the time and only when dramatic events occurred did some Unreal music (and 1 or two new tracks) kick in; I prefer to have music playing all the time (as it did for 99% of Unreal), but that is just a minor gripe.

So thanks to those gents that made this campaign, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Teflon

Subject: Re: Just finished Xidia Gold

Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014, 14:00

I played Xidia Gold for my first custom SP map. Not exactly a good idea. :P

User avatar pl1982

Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014, 14:57

Haha, if you referring to the difficulty, yeah it is definitely for Unreal veterans, but by no means lame "omgrawriamleet" level difficulties like some mods shove at you.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014, 03:40

Glad you liked it :o

In regards to the music, it was an intentional style choice. We kept it quiet mostly for purposes of atmosphere, using other bits of audio. Ambient sounds, that kinda stuff. The music usually breaks out during tense moments or when the player accomplishes something. And of course, combat.