Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

Just a massive thank you to all Unreal SP modders!

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar pl1982
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: Just a massive thank you to all Unreal SP modders!

Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014, 21:53

Hi there,

As title says: just a massive thank you to all of you. Us players who get to enjoy the blood, sweat and tears you put into creating these new sets of content forget sometimes of the real amount of work (unpaid) that goes into it. So yeah, just...thank you to everyone spending your own free time to give back to the community of this awesome game, it is truly appreciated. The Unreal series means so much to me, it holds an incredibly special place in my heart and of course the first two games (Unreal and UT) remain the best for me; so that there are others whom (I believe) share this passion and love and create more content (and I have always been a SP junkie, not really that big into MP) for these games is for me just amazing.

So again, thank you all Unreal/UT SP modders!
/salute

-pl1982

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject: Re: Just a massive thank you to all Unreal SP modders!

Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014, 10:27

Thanks for playing :o :tup:

Doublez-Down
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014, 16:02

I don't think enough credit goes to those who simply still play the game. Afterall, there isn't much point in making maps if there isn't anyone to play them.

So thanks to you as well.
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

User avatar Carbon
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 09 Apr 2014, 13:19

Here, here. I too thank all of those who have put their time and efforts into the game. Not only the modders, but those who keep turning up new and interesting content from the past. Making history and re-discovering history...kudos to all!

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 13 Apr 2014, 01:36

Just want to add to this sentiment. I've had so much fun with unreal thanks to the community. It's interesting to see other giant unreal communities fade away, but the ones about mapping for the original game (USP and OU) still going strong, slow and steady, producing content. So much fun has been had over the years thanks to the efforts of all the mappers and modders.

(a big "fuck you" along with the "thank you" though. :P I've probably spent close to half my waking life in front of a computer screen with unreal on it. Addictive stuff)
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything