A random sentence for a random mind.

StarGate SinglePlayer

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar evilgrins
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: StarGate SinglePlayer

Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014, 06:38

Screenshots from checking out this · http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5451

Kinda played this as I do MonsterHunt, I'm not a big SinglePlayer kinda guy. Used to having at least 1 bot wathcing my back... but not this time.

I've got a SinglePlayer gametype emulator, of sorts, but it didn't see the maps at first. Until I added SP- to the beginning of one filename. After that, turns out once you beat one map it automatically shuffles you off to the next map. Even without renaming them all. Since then, I've been slowly working my way through them.

Given the Stargate theme, I've been using the Goa'uld Staff Weapon mutator very successfully on it.

Only really had 2 problems:
1) Using items: UT isn't configured the same way as Unreal1, can't just hit F2 to use the translator. Also no idea how to use anything I pick up while playing.

2) All messages on these maps are in Czech, which I can't read.

Technically 3 problems: When I found the 1st Stargate, I ran up, dodging enemy fire, just to activate it. In the series anything caught in the splash of the gate gets killed...

...doesn't work like that on these maps, apparently.

There's 40+ maps, I've only gotten to level 7 so far.

User avatar Delacroix

Subject: Re: StarGate SinglePlayer

Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014, 07:43

You're playing Redeem Your Space and it has two translation patches. Exhibit A would be Leo's translation for the first episode and Exhibit B would be Bob's mutator that covers half of the pack but its translation is a machine's work so it's considerably inferior.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar evilgrins

Subject: Re: StarGate SinglePlayer

Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014, 23:06

I could use any translation. When the Nali try to help me I can't understand a word they're "saying".