UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

Unreal Podcast 1 Released!

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar zbreaker
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009, 02:32

Shivaxi and LOL_PEANUTS...very nice :tup: . The Unreal Community needed a podcast like this...I thoroughly enjoyed it. A bit long yes and I also fast forwarded to the interviews. It was quite a treat to put a voice and personality to some of the vastly talented people I've known only through the forum. Only complaint was a better mixing job for next time with levels of voice to music.

Looking forward to the next one 8)
Old as Dirt

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009, 02:39

Ironically, I skipped the last three seconds only. Listened to everything else, but of course, I had the time to do so. Hearing all these people actually conversing about things that they are working on really raises interest in the mod activities in the community. Great job at this, and I hope you do just as well in future pod casts as you've done on this one.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

iLikeTheUDK
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: Re:

Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011, 16:53

aalien wrote:Although, I really look forward to play all of these games, I want you to take all the time you need.
You don't need to be perfectionists, but don't release an unfinished product!

Actually, Epic thought the exact same thing about Unreal 1's release date back when they were developing it (and probably still have that opinion); I once read an old interview of Unreal's development, where at one point they explained why did they choose to release it in '97, announced it, and yet decided to delay its release: They explained (and it was GT's opinion as well) that when it comes to releasing a title, they would rather "...A good game late than a bad game on time". And guess how great Unreal I was after they delayed its release date? It was brilliant! It was the most important game of that year.
So, if you take your time as much as you need, it'll probably become the most major Unreal mod of that time, if not ever.
:^3

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Subject: Re: Unreal Podcast 1 Released!

Post Posted: 23 Sep 2011, 17:39

Why i don't see this thread before this time?! This is awesome.
Download.Download.
More,More,More!
Congratulations.. 2 minute and i can watch the podcast (:
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

User avatar Rarsonic
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: Re:

Post Posted: 24 Sep 2011, 16:22

iLikeTheUDK wrote:[Unreal] was the most important game of that year.

Not to be a party-crasher or something, but on the FPS side of things unfortunately...

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 24 Sep 2011, 16:32

I didn't like HL1 though.
ImageImage

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 24 Sep 2011, 18:37

The best engine of the year 1998-2000 is the Unreal engine i think.But,Hl is good (:
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

Previous