Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

14/07/2015 - "The Fifth Vortex" by Doublez-Down, Teridax

Each week a single map is discussed here in detail.

Moderators: Semfry, Sat42, Jigoku, UB_

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: 14/07/2015 - "The Fifth Vortex" by Doublez-Down, Teridax

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015, 08:57

Map Title: The Fifth Vortex
Author: Doublez-Down, Teridax, Shane Caudle, Jeremy War
Filename: EhactoraFive.unr
Music Files: Mountain.umx, utend.umx, WarLord.umx

Video Playthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP1tj_G515o&feature=youtu.be

Synopsis: The Fifth Vortex is a reality. Travel between places, find and kill the demon.

Discuss!

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject: Re: 14/07/2015 - "The Fifth Vortex" by Doublez-Down, Teridax

Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015, 03:44

Given many mods seem to make their big mystery a cocktease for a sequel or whatever (which frequently never comes), it's nice to fully experience the Fifth Vortex here; the teleporter style works here because it's been built up for the whole set, and each of the areas feels sufficiently different to give the illusion of travelling far (along with the view of the Vortex in the skyisland part to center things). It also keeps the gameplay varied, and, while it's maybe not intentional, I like how the Titan fight is placed so it's not worthless, but can also be bypassed relatively easy if you're careful (and even more so if you have an invisibility). I'm kind of wondering what that secret invisibility at the end is about because it comes after anything you can use it on even if you backtrack immediately. The setup is nice but the Warlord boss feels like a bit of a letdown, because one Warlord with minimal (if any) modification isn't much trouble. The ending wraps things up well though. Overall a great ending level.
Formerly Mman

Annetteblue
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015, 07:19

I really like the Fifth Vortex. The mod is very intresting to play and search all the areas. Want to replay it now. However, I don't like ability of teleporters in the final map. Why? This isn't Unreal's atmosphere. Especially teleporting to the sky island - I would prefere an elevator. On the other side, I understend, that teleporters are easier to use and build.

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015, 10:19

I forget, was it ever said who did which section? I know Teridax did the sky section, but I don't remember the others.

Doublez-Down
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 31 Aug 2015, 17:48

Haven't logged in to this in a while, but if I recall correctly, it went something like this:

Doublez-Down: entry outdoor area and the areas accessible from there, the next outdoor area with the slide and the titan, big lava area with the stone titan thing, and the first skybox

Teridax: basically the rest
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse