UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

06/10/2014 - "Ehactora's Passage Part Two" by Doublez-Down and Shane Caudle

Each week a single map is discussed here in detail.

Moderators: Semfry, Sat42, Jigoku, UB_

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: 06/10/2014 - "Ehactora's Passage Part Two" by Doublez-Down and Shane Caudle

Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014, 21:18

Map Title: Ehactora's Passage Part Two
Author: Rob 'Doublez-Down' Collins and Shane Caudle
Filename: EhactoraTwo.unr
Music Files: UTemple.umx

Video Playthrough:

Youtube Playthrough

Synopsis: Very dangerous Predators and Spinners are in your way to the search of The Fifth Vortex.

Discuss!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: 06/10/2014 - "Ehactora's Passage Part Two" by Doublez-Down and Shane Caudle

Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014, 21:19

Ividyon fix the review's accessibility permissions pls
ImageImage

Doublez-Down
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: 06/10/2014 - "Ehactora's Passage Part Two" by Doublez-Down and Shane Caudle

Post Posted: 08 Oct 2014, 16:01

I always felt like I could have expanded the pyramid section of this map a bit. Someone else said they found a bug where they were able to kill the behemoth before triggering O'Neal to come in and kill it, which I'm sure would look weird. Other than those things, I'm fairly pleased with how the map turned out.

To be fair, the Predators are MUCH more of a pain on higher difficulties than on medium or hard. That probably should have been something we addressed throughout this pack.
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2014, 19:13

A nice mix of fighting, puzzles and traps, and the layout interlinks well in the end too. The Arcane Temple rip is perhaps a little obvious for the entrance room, but even that serves it's purpose. Stuff like the "crying" face is also cool. Those super-powered Predators are annoying on Unreal, but at least they're okay on lower settings. Like all the Fifth Vortex maps it's a strong level with plenty of variety.
Formerly Mman

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 11 Oct 2014, 22:20

I have a hard time choosing between this and the first map for my favorite map in the pack. I like the scripted sequences in the first one a lot, but as a location, this map struck more of a chord with me. I find the crying idol and the impressive temple structure that leads to the next map are particularly memorable.

As far as gameplay goes, this was definitely my favorite map of the lot (mainly for the first predator ambush by the rock).