This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Help / ideas wanted

For discussion about UnrealSP.org itself.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009, 05:19

Hellscrag wrote:Update

Ok, here's what I propose to do over the next couple of weeks.

1. Appoint sana as news editor (if the offer still stands)

Sana - You will be in charge of posting all news (except news that relate to site updates that I have just uploaded). You will get to decide what is newsworthy and what isn't. There'll be some basic posting guidelines that I'll supply you with, but you are free to develop your own style within the template.

You may wish to look around for an assistant news editor or two to share the burden. Meanwhile, I will investigate whether there is a way to provide you with an FTP account to upload images.

2. Upload a new, simplified "The Team" page

The existing page is out of date and over-complicated.

3. Fix up the review of Shivaxi's pack

By necessity this will have to be a very basic update, changing a paragraph or two and slightly tweaking the score to reflect the changes made in the re-release.

4. Work on a forum-based Upcoming Maps page

This should be largely straightforward. The main challenge will be getting the page to display the entries in my preferred order: so that the thread with the most recent edit to its first post generates the map at the top of the list, and so on.

Other priorities

The principal other priority for me is to get up to date with UBerserker's beta guide (I think I have three maps that I haven't added - UB has sensibly stopped sending me further content for the time being). This, however, won't be happening within the next couple of weeks.

Hey just a little thing i noticed. I don't feature as a guest writer on the "the team" page for my xerania review. But I don't really care, just thought i'd point it out :P
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 11 Feb 2009, 22:26

TheIronKnuckle wrote:Hey just a little thing i noticed. I don't feature as a guest writer on the "the team" page for my xerania review. But I don't really care, just thought i'd point it out :P

Whoops, sorry... will fix directly!
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Feb 2009, 06:06

thanks! It was a really nitpicky thing but thanks all the same
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 12 Feb 2009, 20:03

Didn't notice the Team Page being updated. I'll miss the monster avatars though :B
ImageImage

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 01:07

New beta Upcoming Maps page now operating. Please see the following thread (and help me test it!)

http://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=762

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 21:20

The Upcoming Maps page should replace the Projects in Production forum in function. Projects in Production should be used as an archive for no longer updated maps/as an application-and-approval forum for Upcoming Maps. Don't you agree? It makes little sense to have both forums retain their function and split comments on projects between 2 threads.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 21:37

If we did that, though, we'd have tons of projects sprayed all over the main site that die out after a few weeks when the mapper invariably realizes they bit off more than they could chew.

Honestly, I think the Upcoming Maps forum should be closed to replies. Leave discussion and releases in the PiP forum and entries for the site in Upcoming. Entries in Upcoming can easily link to their discussion threads. This also acts as a protection against any possible technical faults that force people to redesign or redo their Upcoming entries without losing their discussion thread material.

User avatar Raven
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 22:05

I'd add screenshot tag to BBCode (like at BU). It'd be very helpful. As always I can provide the code :).
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 22:25

Maybe with Auto-Scale-Down as like unrealplayground - I mean fullscreen only if you click on image - if Picture is bigger than XXX x XXX Pixel?
>:E
--------------------------------------------------
Waffnuffly wrote:Holy shit a HOUSE-SIZED BOX

--------------------------------------------------
>:E

Previous