ividyon will never get this done, will he.

SP-"The Shadow's Arrival"

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: SP-"The Shadow's Arrival"

Post Posted: 05 Apr 2008, 19:22

Hello,
a time ago I told you in one of the hellscrag foums that I make a Singleplayer Modification for Unreal Tournament. Now I made a little movie :)
For all, who don't know this project I will write all what you may know :
( :P )
-Story:
You awake in an inn of a small Nali-village (which makes Mr. Tom). The Shadows are fighting against the Nali. The Nali haven't a chance. The Shadows are searching something. Nobody knows what they're looking for... You want to find out, what they want, why they kill everybody, who wants to prevent them. So you must follow them. I don't want to tell more details. I hope you enjoy the whole story (not only that, what I told you) of my mod.

The reasons with them you can name it a "mod":
-Mr. Tom makes all music for the project, so I don't need any retail song of UT or Unreal. The music is mostly made with E-guitars, though Unreal rocks a bit :D
-The Shadows that I mentioned are a variant of the Skaarj with new skins (you can see them at 0:45 in my video ;) ) and have also new sounds.
The Shadows are also a week race. They have less hitpoints but they attack in hordes :twisted: (Perhaps until 100 creatures at the end at once :shock: )
-I will use the "Castle1"-textures from Unreal (gold) in some maps, for example in a giant castle (what a surprise :D )
-The Redeemer has a few changes (that scripted "Shadow"): Both firemodes are the alternative Firemode, so that you can use swichtes or something like that, which you can't reach.
-All maps are completely new, of course. There are arround 8 to 10 maps planned.

In the Hellscrag Forums I told you that I wanted to release the mod in February... Now I realized that this date was a bit too soon :lol: Now I think, a year later I can perhaps release it really...

Now I hope you can enjoy the video and you understood me (because of my bad English)

Click here to watch the video "The Shadow's Arrival" Preview

If you have questions or suggestions or critics write it please. :wink:
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

User avatar ElectricIce
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Apr 2008, 20:12

no offence but your dodge abilities sux XD, on the other hand i say that it looks awesome cool. i mean, did you make all that your self? nice job man.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Apr 2008, 21:00

The overall build of the maps look interesting. Yeah, Crypt structures and also ones that are using the castle theme from the alpha times of Unreal.

Is the gameplay which is scaring me though. Hordes of 100 Skaarj that are equal to over 200 Skaarj Projectiles coming at you that are equal to 3200 damage to you; assuming you're only lowering the hit points as you said in the first post.

I won't care anyway if you place various Redeemers every now and then.
ImageImage

User avatar Creavion

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Apr 2008, 21:11

@editor Dave: I guess, you would love EXU 2 :D

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Apr 2008, 23:31

I'm very impressed. There's real drama in some of your level designs, and I look forward to exploring those various locations! :tup:

The only thing that bothers me is the score. It's very "Quake II". That kind of really heavy rock / metal stuff generally ruins the atmosphere pf a game for me.
Life is what you make of it.

XYZ8000
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2008, 00:10

Looks promising, however I would like to see some action with proper weapons and all (rather than having some random shooting in God Mode). From the videos the gameplay looks rather unbalanced, but it definitely looks promising :) (especially those dynamic lightings will be a very nice atmospherical touch).

User avatar editor Dave

Subject: SP-"The Shadow's Arrival"

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2008, 10:10

First I want to thank you all who is interested in this project :o , but unfortunately you must wait a year :P
@{Wings}Zombiehunter: Yes, I made all by myself, except the part between 1:07 and 1:25 in my video. (that is the church in the village, which Mr. Tom makes)
@UBerserker: I think the projectiles of the Shadows are weaker, too. Perhaps they have cool new, black projectiles. When I find anyone who makes that for me, of course. Besides is that the endfight and there are still four difficulties
Working with "Castle1"-Textures is very hard, when you don't have an interesting lighting :/
@Creavion: I thought over downloading it, but now the links are dead :shake:
@hellscrag: The song "SkyFight", what you heart nearly the whole of the video is the "hardest" song of that, what Mr. Tom made. I think, it's everyone's personal taste, because I love it, when I fight against 8 Skaarjs when I hear in the background SkyFight
Not all songs have an E-Guitar by the way, for example one song for the Crypt-style temple :wink:
@XYZ8000: I cannot show such a video :P When I recorded the video the game jerked a lot, so that I can't aim...
There are many beta tests before I will release the mod to make the right gameplay (not too easy, not too hard )

I hope, all "problems" are answered. If you have more questions, write it :)
Last edited by editor Dave on 06 Apr 2008, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

User avatar ElectricIce

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2008, 10:21

Can i be beta tester? xD J/K

User avatar editor Dave

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2008, 10:26

We can talk about when the mod is finished :P And that takes a loooong time....

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2008, 12:03

Please can we have some screenshots as well as the video? I need a pic to publicise your mod properly on the main site.

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar editor Dave

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2008, 15:41

Here is one picture :) I'm trying to make some wallpapers. When they're finished I will show them :wink:

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Apr 2008, 17:09

looks real nice :tup: :tup: :tup:

Alot of hard work goes into terrain like that, can't wait to explore!

User avatar kea
SP2D Leader SP2D Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008, 08:02

Looks quite good. :tup:

Kaka

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008, 10:57

editor Dave - maybe try adding a fog into skybox as well ?? Now the sky loks like cut off from the map. But generally it lok very cool, epic.

User avatar editor Dave

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008, 18:43

I tried that a time ago. But after rebuilding there wasn't any fog in the Skybox. Perhaps I had at this time BeFogZone on false...
I try it again. :lol: Thanks for the idea :)

Next