UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

EXU2: Batshit Insane - Demo 4 v2.1

For public discussion of all things EXU2.

Moderator: Buff Skeleton

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Re: EXU2: Batshit Insane - Demo 4 - v2 PATCH RELEASE [10-15-

Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010, 14:00

Patch process is officially complete. The FULL links are now active.

jaypeezy wrote:May I just say that playing this mod online is just incredibly fun and amazing! It reminds me why I fell in love with Unreal/UT in the first place. This is UT on a whole bunch of crazy drugs.

That pillar of fire flare is fuckawesome, I really hope it stays in the later versions.

I just have one suggestion. After playing a while ago on one of the EXU servers it seems the map crapped out and upon reconnecting I got sent back to the title level (hell castle I think?). I think it may be a good idea to have the ability to choose which map you want to start from in the beginning map, like have a bunch of halls that would lead to rooms in which there is a portal for every map, or maybe just for some of the pivotal maps (like maybe every 3 or 5 along the way). I'm sure the creative use of some movers could prevent various players from entering seperate portals to different levels. This would also be very good for groups of people who would want to skip some of the maps and play particular ones onward, as well as an unlockable incentive (whereas the MP version would be just the one with several portals, the SP version would be basically the MP one unlocked after beating the campaign, so you can play whichever level you want to over again).

Damnit this mod is fun. It feels like a completely different game honestly, I can't wait for the final release or to play the future maps! Thanks for having the crazed imagination to conceive all of this, mappers and coders..

Thanks! The Hellfire Flare is a permanent addition to the arsenal, as the whole reason I made it was to replace some of the crappier ones.

Regarding the map selector hallway, that's actually a really good idea and I think I may implement something like that when I redesign parts of the intro map. As it is now, the intro map has nearly maxed out the node limit, so I'm going to need to do some heavy optimizations and then add a teleporter to ANOTHER intro map (where combat training will be available as well as bonus background info in a library). Perhaps I can add a coop-only section that lets you select a map from a hallway of portals, complete with difficulty.

Subject: Re: EXU2: Batshit Insane - Demo 4 - v2 PATCH RELEASE [10-15-

Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010, 18:14

FUCKING GOD DAMNED BULLSHIT

Something broke a ton of movers in Map 10 again for no reason, and I found a few other minor issues that need to be addressed. I'm gonna just keep playing until I finish and fix any other misc. problems in the maps and then upload a 2.1 sub-patch thing rather than reupload everything.

FUCK I HATE THIS SHITTY FUCKING ENGINE

[Edit] Fixed Map 10 is uploaded! No other maps had bugs (OF COURSE there had to be just ONE fucking major bug).

I am now going to update the FULL package AND the patch to 2.1. This will be a fun day full of uploading on my shitty 768kbit up bandwidth.

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: EXU2: Batshit Insane - Demo 4 v2.1 PATCH RELEASE [10-16-

Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010, 20:08

If you were playing on my EXU2 server, you can jump to any map you want at any
time by pressing Tab and typing "mutate bdbmapvote votemenu". (no quotes)

That should bring up a map selection window.
Mooo !

User avatar jaypeezy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010, 22:55

MrLoathsome wrote:If you were playing on my EXU2 server, you can jump to any map you want at any
time by pressing Tab and typing "mutate bdbmapvote votemenu". (no quotes)

That should bring up a map selection window.

:|

Well, I feel dumb. Derp.

Thanks!

Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010, 03:41

Guess what everyone! I fucked up AGAIN (who's surprised at this point)

Somehow, an older version of Map 9 got into the 2.1 Full package. Here is the correct version:

http://www.filefront.com/17397593/EXU2- ... e-v21.zip/

If you downloaded 2.1 Full, get this. If you patched from the initial release, don't do anything; you have the right version (from July 24, not the 14th).

This only matters if you want to play online, though!

I'm going to reupload the 2.1 Full package some time tonight with the corrected file in it, but I'm not turning this into a 2.2 patch because fuck that noise I am sick of this shit

User avatar UArchitect
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010, 04:41

waffle error strikes

Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010, 07:32

OK, everything is now contained. From this point on, any downloads of the Full package will be 100% operational and require no additional downloads. Any downloads of the Patch will be 100% operational as well. If you downloaded anything before this post, ensure you have the latest version of Maps 9 and 10. Otherwise, I think I am finally done with this bullshit!

What a delightful Saturday this has been!

User avatar jaypeezy

Subject: Re: EXU2: Batshit Insane - Demo 4 v2.1 PATCH RELEASE [10-17-

Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010, 08:27

Another issue.

In multiplayer in the last level Highlands, after you get the Icon of Sin and after obtaining the Pentapower closest to the first exit (when you leave the mine-place full of candles and first go outside), the game stops spawning you randomly all over the place and you just get spawned from one of the spawnpoints located on that first narrow strip of land-bridge (to the right of which there will be that glowing laza shit). This is a bit problematic because right above this spawnpoint there tends to be an Archdemon killing you repeatedly.

Me and Jackrabbit, at this point, resorted to desperately spawning to quickly grab flares and throwing them before we were killed by said archdemon. Futile.

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010, 08:43

User avatar MrLoathsome
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010, 10:31

lol. nice vid. I jumped on there after you left. It was brutal.

If you wait a while before respawning, the archdemon would move off some giving you more of a chance.
You might have to wait as long as minute or so even.

The map did lock up shortly after than, in a new and different way than I have ever seen before.
In the event I am able to recreate that and get some useful info from the logs, I will post it up.

After that I played maps BI-01 and BI-02 with no problems at all. Had zero client side crashes with my pc today.

Note I have reduced the number of extra flares spawning on there, and the seaweed will be much rarer in the future.
Mooo !

User avatar WhirlWindWabbit

Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010, 10:53

lol gorefest :D
"Sir, we're surrounded!"
"Good, we can attack in any direction."

User avatar Core
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010, 12:31

Owned!

lol, that vid reminds me of MP Instagib CTF-w00tabulous 6 VS 6. That has about the same death rate, when your team consists of noobs, and the other of Pro's 8).

Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010, 16:41

Haha, that is NOT supposed to happen! I'll look into fixing that for later, but I don't think I'm gonna patch it since it's so late in the game and only affects coop play :p

At least not for a few weeks so I have time to find and address other problems that may crop up.

Gotta love Archdemons though; they just don't fuck around :>

[Edit] Relocated playestarts to a more sensible location for that phase of the battle. They are now spread out behind the rocks from the previous phase, so even if an Archdemon follows you over there, you should have a chance of spawning away from its hellblasts.

If any server admins wanna apply their own mutator-based fix in the mean time, the offending actors are:

PlayerStart5
PlayerStart6
PlayerStart7
PlayerStart8

Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010, 03:01

Holy shit, GOOD GODDAMN NEWS

Today I have, at last, managed to get a brand new multi-colored blood system fully operational, thanks to UA's and Core's help! It took me many days to get everything ironed out, especially the multicolored gibs, but it's all 100% functional now.

What does this mean?

I'll just let these shots speak for themselves:

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Aww yeeeeeeeeeeeeuh

It took me forever to get the gib chunks working right, but the blood was done in a couple of days. The most laborious part, by far, was making all the textures in photoshop and setting up the import #execs :P But clearly it was well worth it!

So far I have Red, Green, Blue, Brown, White, and Black blood available for EVERY PAWN, including properly-colored textures for EVERY PAWN GIB CHUNK. This took a lot of fucking work :p

Also of note is the new EXUHitEffect class in EXUScriptedPawn, which allows you to specify custom hit effects for creatures. I also have a BLOOD_None choice for the blood type; choosing BLOOD_None for, say, vehicles, and giving them a custom hit effect that spawns smoke, small explosions, and/or sparks makes vehicles feel a whole lot more legit than if they were constantly spraying red puffs and blood decals all over. It's all shaping up quite nicely.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010, 10:05

The absolute best.
ImageImage

Previous Next