A random sentence for a random mind.

READ: "Upcoming Maps Page" rules

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject: READ: "Upcoming Maps Page" rules

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 01:04

Greetings mappers

You may have noticed the new "Upcoming Maps Page" forum appearing on the list. Said forum is now the "master" for the main site's Upcoming Maps page, meaning that mappers can now post and update their own Upcoming Maps entries!

The "Upcoming Maps Page" forum is moderated, meaning that all new Upcoming Maps entries must first be posted in draft form here in the main "Project Presentation" forum. Once a moderator has checked and approved your thread, it will be moved to the "Upcoming Maps Page" forum, after which people should be able to reply to it and you should be able to edit it as normal.

Whenever you edit the first post of your thread to provide an update, the project will be "bumped" to the top of the Upcoming Maps page on the main site (although you have to have had at least one reply to the thread before the "bump" will work, due to the way phpBB operates).

Rules and Known Issues

When posting / updating your entry, please keep your post format simple. Use [ url ], [ img ], [ sshot ], [ b ], [ i ], [ u ] and [ color ] tags only. Avoid emoticons. Please do not combine [url] and [img] tags. Images should be no larger than 400x300 and should all be the same size.

All links posted will open in a new window/tab and a single line break creates a new (double spaced) paragraph on the main page.

Subject

Please give the title of your project only, preceded by one of the following tags to give it a suitable icon on the Upcoming Maps page:

[u1] [rtnp] [ut] [u2] [ut2] [ut3]

Main Text

Please use the following template for your post. You may have either two or four screenshots, laid out as shown in the template.

Code: Select all

[b]Developer:[/b] (Your name or your team's name)
[b]Status:[/b] (Just Announced / Developing / Beta Testing / Released / On Hold / Cancelled)
[img][/img] [img][/img]
[img][/img] [img][/img]
[b]Synopsis:[/b] (A brief description of the story)
[b]Features:[/b] (A brief summary of the key features, e.g. map count, new weapons etc.)
[b]Latest News:[/b] (The most recent updates on development - keep it to one brief paragraph.)
[b]Links:[/b] (Relevant links to project web site or hosted forum)

If you have an existing thread, you may reformat the first post to match the template shown above instead of posting a new one (if you like), so that you can keep all your existing replies.

I am also open to helpful suggestions for ways to improve the template or make it more flexible.

Linkage:
http://www.unrealsp.org/community/upcoming.php

(minor edits by sana)
Last edited by Hellscrag on 19 Feb 2009, 23:20, edited 4 times in total.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 01:13

A note on highly customised project threads

I may be willing to consider allowing mappers more freedom to customise the design of their Upcoming Maps entries (Waffnuffly's leet EXU2 thread springs to mind) - so if you have an existing thread with a bespoke layout, don't throw it out just yet (at least keep a copy of it). We can discuss the details of that later.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 01:41

All right, you lot... I spent hours programming this system this afternoon, so I hope you're glad that this functionality has finally come to UnrealSP.Org! I'm going to bed... :P

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 01:43

Absolutely thrilled mate :D

I will definitely be writing my entry for WTF Series 2 as soon as I can...er...as soon as I get ungrounded ofcourse...(Shh....my parents don't know I'm on the comp atm :P )
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 01:45

Shivaxi wrote:Absolutely thrilled mate :D

I'm pretty pleased too. It's about 5½ years since I stopped doing programming on a regular basis, so it's good to know that I still can when I put my mind to it (also, web-based PHP manuals are a wonderful thing).

Shivaxi wrote:I will definitely be writing my entry for WTF Series 2 as soon as I can...er...as soon as I get ungrounded ofcourse...(Shh....my parents don't know I'm on the comp atm :P )

LoL, okay. :p

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 01:46

This looks good!

Don't worry about my EXU2 thread. I can make a standards-compliant upcoming maps entry and then have links to the forum thread, maybe with a little bit more customization if need be. But thanks for thinking of that :)

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 01:49

Waffnuffly wrote:This looks good!

Don't worry about my EXU2 thread. I can make a standards-compliant upcoming maps entry and then have links to the forum thread, maybe with a little bit more customization if need be. But thanks for thinking of that :)

Okay!

I won't be able to approve the draft until tomorrow evening, probably, but I'll do it as soon as I can (I'd be grateful if my fellow moderators could hold off approving draft threads for a week or two... at least until some of the early pitfalls have been caught).

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 01:51

I thought you said you were going to bed? :P

[EDIT] I guess he went to bed :lol:
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 02:37

I love how the only entry right now is for unreal 1.

When that project is finished could someone review it please? :lol:
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 10:55

TheIronKnuckle wrote:When that project is finished could someone review it please? :lol:

To do so would be sacrelige!

EDIT: Bah, no new project threads yet? I switched my PC on specially...

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 11:10

So...we post the drafts here, or in the new section?

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 11:13

Mister_Prophet wrote:So...we post the drafts here, or in the new section?

Post 'em here... only moderators can start new threads in the new section.

EDIT: You are welcome to include links to your web site / forum in the draft. I've added "Links" to the template.

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 11:58

--Moved--
Last edited by Mister_Prophet on 15 Feb 2009, 12:03, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 12:00

I think you're supposed to open you own thread. Scrag then will move it into the other section. ;) That way you will retain your editing rights..
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 12:02

Nah. It's too late now. It stays here.

EDIT: Just playin :o

Next