[Edit] Demo 4 time fuckshits! Go to the Demo 4 thread this one is deeeeeeeeeeead!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Warning: Excessive Unreal is not suitable for anyone.Contents:
 Downloads, Videos, Screenshots, Etc.
 News and Changes
 IMPORTANT! Known Bugs
 Multiplayer Usage
 What the Shit is This Mod
 Story?!?! WHAT
 ContactFileFront is back?
It seems so! But I could still use some more reliable primary download mirrors...EXU2: Batshit Insane - Demo 3 FULL v4 (120MB):
Includes all previous patch material. If this is your first download, this is all you need!EXU2: Batshit Insane - Demo 3 Patch v3 to v4 (30MB):
Contains BIG changes to Easy and Medium to make the game much softer on newcomers. Patch NotesEXU2: Batshit Insane - Demo 3 Patch v2 to v3 (32MB):
Post or email me if you still need this. Patch NotesEXU2: Batshit Insane - Demo 3 Patch v1 to v2 (5MB):
Post or email me if you still need this. Patch NotesRequired Files:Monsterspawn 303 with Pre-Configured EXU Monster List (133kb):EXU1 Repack - Latest version of EXU1, all in one place (64.8MB):
Dear god don't download this miserable pile of shitOther Incredibly Exciting Media (not really): . . . .
. . . . The Latest Batch of Shit:
[1-3-10] Videos:DISCORDULATOR STATUS: SOMETHING
Normally up from 5:30PM - 10PM EST (i.e. when I'm not at work)http://www.livestream.com/discordulator?t=345277
The Discordulator is a new dumb thing I'm doing to force me to actually get shit done by putting up a live stream of my desktop for any pervert to view for any reason. You can tune in as long as the Discordulator is active. I'll tend to keep it active when I'm actually doing stuff (shutting it down when I take a shower or go to the grocery store or whatever). Keep in mind this will probably be a major source of spoilers from time to time, as I don't always limit myself to working on immediate things!
I also can't figure out how to disable sound on it, so if you don't want to hear my music or the cacophany of EXU playtesting, you can mute the stream or just not watch! Up to you dawg[3-21-09] A request: help me find new sources of audio!
I'm trying to reduce EXU's reliance on ripped assets from other games so I can distribute it more widely, treat it more professionally, and just generally not worry so much about getting sued into oblivion for using so many damn sound effects from other games. See this post for more details.
I really need help finding free sound libraries and/or cheapo royalty-free stuff and ESPECIALLY music. If you're a musician and you want to help work on EXU's soundscape for your portfolio, feel free to drop me a line!== News Archive ==
- Batshit Insane: The extro map crashes on D3D8/9. This has been fixed for the upcoming Demo 4.
- Batshit Insane: HUD icon numbers are still small. This is because UA hasn't made a digitfactory for them to scale yet; this will be fixed sooner or later.
- Batshit Insane: Nasty HOM early in Map 8 when you look to the left in a certain area. There is an enemy here that may be watching when you approach it, so watch out; you won't be able to see it as easily.
- Batshit Insane: Certain triggers designed to kill monsters sometimes fuck up, allowing some to survive. It will be really obvious when this happens. I'm not sure how to fix it, but it's hardly a serious issue.
- The Contact Beam's particle effects aren't fully complete.
- The Shitgun's alt canisters don't work quite right underwater. (Fixed for Demo 4)
- There are some misc. audiovisual issues with weapons/effects in coop. (Massive netcode improvements in Demo 4)
- Map 15 crashes in coop because of some discord with movers/skyzoneinfos (Fixed for Demo 4)
- *** If you encounter anything not on this list, let me know ASAP!
- Absolutely chaotic gameplay of the highest caliber
- Demo 3 comes with 15 playable campaign maps and a mostly-complete intro/menu map
- Maps are extremely-heavily-modified Unreal/RTNP maps, set in Hell, with new twists
- An entire arsenal of new, absurdly-powerful weapons
- Dozens of special inventory items and Battle Flares™
- Hundreds of new monster varieties
- Coop support with unique/tons of extra monsters
- Thoroughly-tested, well-polished SP gameplay
- Breathtaking/scenic Hellscapes
- Tons of custom sounds, music, and textures
- Complete multiplayer support via mutators
- Lots of other really stupid stuff!
EXU2: Batshit Insane:
- The Extractor: An industrial mining vacuum that sucks the guts out of enemies at point-blank range. It also has a sniper scope. Yeah.
- The Piddledoper: A faithful, rapid-fire pistol with recharging ammo.
- The Shitgun: A riot weapon that sprays, you guessed it, beanbags. Err, I mean, shit.
- The Energy AR: A powerful, accurate laser rifle with bolts that can pierce multiple enemies.
- The Hyper Flakker: A very powerful energy weapon that can clean out entire rooms with ease.
- The Hell Gun: A demonic pulse rifle with a defensive area-blast alt fire.
- The Contact Beam: An energy weapon just like the one in Dead Space. Charge it to fire super-powered insta-hit beams of energy, or unleash a powerful shockwave to scatter enemies.
- The Clusterfucker: An area-saturation weapon / nanite seeker missile launcher in one.
- The RFPC (Rapid-Fire Plasma Cannon): Supremely wonderful plasma cannon.
- The EXU Shotty: A combat shotgun from Hell with superior shredding abilities.
- The LRPC (Long-Range Plasma Cannon): A hand-held anti-starship artillery piece. Seriously.
- The Translocator: From UT. Allows you to telefrag enemies and explore out-of-reach areas.
For use in UT games:
- Install UT Patch 436, UT Bonus Pack 4, (if you haven't for some reason) and Oldskool Amp'd v239. Instructions are included with each... if you actually need them.
- Unpack EXU2-BI-Demo3.rar to your \UnrealTournament\ directory. Ensure you have your archiver program of choice set up to preserve the folder structure from the archive; otherwise, you'll have to manually move files to their proper locations. Open EXU2-Files List.txt to see where all your files should go if you misplaced any.
- Start UT. You should see an "Activate Oldskool" button somewhere if you have just installed it. Do this.
- Go to New Singleplayer Game and select EXU2: Batshit Insane from the dropdown list. Select it and click start. BAM, YOU ARE IN
For use in non-EXU SP games:
- Install MonsterSpawn and edit MonsterSpawn.ini to your preferences. Feel free to browse the EXU changelog or summons list to see what sounds like fun and add it to your MonsterSpawn.ini.
- Start a practice session and open the Mutators window. Load in whatever you fancy, but be sure to add the MonsterSpawn mutator; otherwise, no creatures will appear.
- You can also mix and match mutators or use some of EXU's other mutators, such as EXU Weapon Modifier (which replaces UT weapons with EXU variants). If you do this, I recommend you also use EXU Health Charger so you stand a chance against bots and EXU creatures.
- Start the game. You should have waves of monsters spawning in according to your MonsterSpawn.ini settings. You can also scale their health and damage there.
- Though it would more-than-likely make almost any SP map way too easy (or hard), you can play with EXU stuff in SP too using Oldskool's SP Mutators. Go to your Oldskool properties.
- On the Singleplayer tab, mash the SP Mutators button (mash it hard). Load whatever mutators you desire, but be aware of how fucked up the SP maps will probably become as a result.
- Start a new game and select whichever map or map pack you want to play. The mutators you selected should be loaded and modify the gameplay--for better or for worse.
Just delete the files listed in the Files List. EXU shouldn't dump any crap in your UnrealTournament.ini or User.ini, but if it does, it is harmless.
The manual has a ton of info about this. The main things you want to be sure to do, though, are:
- Note that the stock D3D renderer WILL NOT WORK with EXU; update to D3D8 or OpenGL, both of which are included. (Or you could use D3D9, 10, or even 11 I think is out now, damn.) This is because the stock D3D renderer sucks balls and cannot handle 512x512 textures (which is fucking retarded; even the SOFTWARE RENDERER can do that).
- Configure your renderer settings according to the UTGLR settings page or by using my own OpenGL settings on Page 2
- Note that RMusicPlayer has its own Volume Controller. It's under the Mod menu item from the main UT menu.
- Do not use FMOD if you have music/audio problems. Use Galaxy instead. Not helping? Contact me and I'll see what I can do!
- Bind keys to cycle inventory with Oldskool
- Bind a key to use inventory
- Ensure the default (+ and -) keys for increasing and decreasing the HUD are bound
- Bind Quicksave and Quickload to a key
- Set up your renderer to make sure everything looks nice and runs smoothly; set appropriate brightness, mouse sensitivity, etc. This page is good for setting up OpenGL or D3D8: http://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/
- Be sure to check out the Technical Testing >> Particle Systems room in the menu map and adjust your particle density if you get bad performance in there
- *** I also strongly recommend you disable Permanent Decals and Permanent Carcasses unless you have a PC made within the last couple of years! When stuff piles up, you can seriously lag your machine to a crawl.
For more detailed info such as minimum and recommended specs and troubleshooting, check the manual.
Batshit Insane is just the singleplayer campaign. EXU2 in general is designed to be used in almost any gametype imaginable since it includes several flexible mutators:
- EXU Replace: Swaps items, armor, health
- EXU Weapon Modifier: Swaps guns, ammo
- EXU Health Recharger: Health auto-recharges (up to 300)
- EXU: 'Deemer to LRPC: Replace the Redeemer with the LRPC
- EXU: 'Deemer to Screamer: Replace the Redeemer with the Screamer Missile Launcher
- EXU: UDamage to PentaPower: Replace the Damage Amp with PentaPower
- EXU Nightmare: Make standard, non-EXU singleplayer maps EXU-like
- EXU Pinata: Enemies drop weapons / health on death
For more detail about these mutators, check out the included Manual. Really, though, these mutators should be pretty self-explanatory. For optimal MP experience, I recommend using EXU Replace, EXU Weapon Modifier, EXU Health Charger, Monsterspawn, and EXU: 'Deemer to LRPC.
EXU, which stands for Excessive Unreal, is the broadest term possible that refers to this... thing I've created. EXU1 is an absurd singleplayer campaign set in heavily-modified Unreal 1 maps, featuring massive hordes of fucked up creatures, bizarre scripted sequences, and the hilariously overpowered Excessive UT weapon arsenal, which is where the mod gets its name. EXU1 is fun in its own way, but is old and dusty compared to EXU2.
EXU2 is based on the same premises as EXU1--tons of insanity, overpowered guns, hordes of monsters, etc.--but with a, uh, higher quality level and lots more attention to detail, polish, and an actual story. All new weapons, HUNDREDS of new creatures, and EXTREMELY-heavily-modified Unreal maps are what EXU2: Batshit Insane has to offer.
That's another thing: EXU2 is both a single-player campaign (EXU2: Batshit Insane) AND a heavily-customizable multiplayer-and-singleplayer-compatible creature, gun, health, and item mod. You can either play straight through the Batshit Insane campaign, or you can load up a game of UT with MonsterSpawn and have all kinds of hilarity ensue with EXU2's monsters, weapons, and/or items. The included text files contain excruciating detail about how to set all of these things up; I recommend you take a look at them if you are confused.
Somehow, you wind up aboard a wreckage that happens to look a whole lot like the Vortex Rikers--yeah, you know, that prison ship that crash-landed on an alien world centuries ago?--but something's obviously wrong with it, because there are... things... in it that weren't there before. Things that look rather demonic. And they are pissed off.
As you come to, you find out that you must have gone to Hell, which is the only reasonable way to explain why everything that moves now wants to kill you. So you try to figure out just why the hell Hell is as fucked up as it is, and why you are strangely able to find powerful weapons, ammunition, and items to assist you.
Once you get outside, you see Hell in all its fiery, demonic glory. And oh boy is it full of nasty little critters that just want to ruin your day--but will you let that happen? FUCK NO, you have some guns and shit! Time to... uh... well, fight your way out of Hell, I guess. What other choice do you have? What do you have to lose? And who are those other people shooting demons with high-tech weaponry?
It's up to you to stay alive long enough to figure out what's going on and, if possible, escape. Or at least find a nice butte or strategically-viable place to set up a fortress for eternity, provided you figure out a way to grow some of that weird fruit...
Also, according to this bot:
<Gundy> i need time to see, my kg is frozen because exu;s story is like shodan talking about eyooogh!!!
- Email: waffnuffly at the gmails of the dots and the com
- IRC: You can meet me in #EXU2 on irc.synirc.net or stop by UnreapSP.org's chat thing, which I hang out in often.
- Website: http://exu.netfirms.com is the ancient EXU1 website. A modern EXU2 website is on the way; this old site will be updated with a redirect once that happens!
You can email me at any time with EXU questions, comments, flames, or anything else. If it's related to the mod, could you do me a favor and put "EXU" somewhere in the subject line? That'd be grand, thanks.
Or, if you prefer the more direct approach, you may discharge the orbital weaponry of your choice above Athens, Georgia, USA. Depending on the munitions, you may or may not reach me immediately, but I should take notice if nukes or giant tungsten rods start landing around my apartment.
Aaaaaaaaanyway, thanks for your support, and I hope you enjoy this loathsome, vile, horrible abomination! Let me know what you think!
- Lord Waffnuffly "War Bonnet" Letz