Scout-kun is a lie... right?

[RELEASED] Illhaven Remastered and Expanded by Kew

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Kew
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject: [RELEASED] Illhaven Remastered and Expanded by Kew

Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012, 16:49

Developer: Kew

Synopsis: At last I return to Illhaven Harbor. Many moons have passed since I was last here. I have fought with Heretics and with Trollocs since I last set foot on Illhaven. But wait, what manner of creatures now invade my home? ~ Kew
Features: Remastered classic Illhaven Saga maps and a handful of new ones.
Latest News:
- considering adding more content (see middle of Page 13 in this thread)

Download:
Primary download link @ UnrealTexture - 19.7 MB

Notes:
- The following Unreal Tournament texture packages must be copied over to Unreal's Textures folder: city, Crypt2, Lian-X, ShaneChurch, UT, UTTech1.
- Original announcement post:
Kew wrote:Almost 15 years after the original creation of Illhaven, Kew returns to explore new worlds in his medieval landscape interwoven into the old maps, remastered. Most of the new material has been built but it may be a while before I get all up to beta standards at least. The new material will consist of The Chateau d'Ill (a fortress lying off the coast of Illhaven Harbor), Illhaven Market Town and Illventor Moor (to which Kew eventually returns as his home), a land of bleak and dangerous perils, frequented by evil personae. In addition I have done some work on smaller linking/connecting maps, including one caled The Choice in which a decision can be made between night and day...... So, please be patient and I will get this all out as soon as possible.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Re: Illhaven Remastered and Expanded by Kew

Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012, 16:57

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012, 17:23

Holy crap!

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012, 17:24

Wait... I've just heard a blast of a thundering sound of pure epicness...

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 27 Apr 2012, 17:37

This is, unexpected.
ImageImage

User avatar Tarydax

Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012, 00:13

....awesome! \o/

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012, 00:36

Wow, wtf. 15 years later and people come out of the woodwork. Awesome stuff

Now if madmartigan and shinigami could send out some more word about their stuff..... :p
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

zeroth
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 02 May 2012, 14:05

This is great to hear! I was a fan of the original. It must have been around 1999 that I played IllHaven.. mmm. can't wait for the new release!

Kew

Post Posted: 06 May 2012, 21:26

Update:

Map construction is now virtually completed both old remastered and the new levels. I am now in the process of populating the more recent material. I have organised and built a starter level which will enable the player to either play the whole series from start to end OR to jump from one level to another out of sequence. In that way, you will not have to beat your way through levels that are all too familiar!! You must understand that, with the exception of my able assistant, Kewmate, I work alone and all this takes time. But, unlike many a proposed project, Illhaven 2012 will be finished and quite soon. If I knew how to post them, I would put up a section of screenshots.

Sincerely,

Kew

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 06 May 2012, 21:56

Use an image-hosting website such as Photobucket and Imageshack and upload the screenshots. Then paste direct links of the screenshots in the Post Window and wrap the links with the [shot][/shot] tag.
i.e. [shot]INSERTDIRECTLINKHERE[/shot]
ImageImage

User avatar Lightning Hunter

Post Posted: 08 May 2012, 06:58

I need to see some screenshots to believe this. I remember Mad Martigan and Shinigami randomly popped up about 4 years ago and said they were both working on new campaigns, and disappeared just as quickly as they appeared. I don't like being skeptical, but you know it is very easy to sign up and pretend to be legendary mappers to get people's hopes up. I still wonder if it really was Mad Martigan and Shinigami that registered 4 years ago. Mad Martigan only posted one screenshot, and it wasn't very clear. It could have easily been a joke. Shinigami's post was more believable, since he did post a few elaborate screenshots.

Of course, I hope I'm COMPLETELY wrong, and that this really is happening! Kew is a very talented mapper, and I've always liked his work.
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 08 May 2012, 11:03

Lightning Hunter wrote:I need to see some screenshots to believe this. I remember Mad Martigan and Shinigami randomly popped up about 4 years ago and said they were both working on new campaigns, and disappeared just as quickly as they appeared. I don't like being skeptical, but you know it is very easy to sign up and pretend to be legendary mappers to get people's hopes up. I still wonder if it really was Mad Martigan and Shinigami that registered 4 years ago. Mad Martigan only posted one screenshot, and it wasn't very clear. It could have easily been a joke. Shinigami's post was more believable, since he did post a few elaborate screenshots.

Of course, I hope I'm COMPLETELY wrong, and that this really is happening! Kew is a very talented mapper, and I've always liked his work.

He seems to have disappeared but Mad Martigan was definitely the real deal, given he commented about his commercial work on Mirror's Edge.

Hopefully we can see some shots soon.
Formerly Mman

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 08 May 2012, 11:10

I remember that (Leo I think) talked to Shinigami. He's doing stuff, just really slowly.
ImageImage

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 08 May 2012, 15:35

shivaxi mentioned that theres like 30 maps that have been ready for ages Shinigami-side. IIRC of course :P
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

Kew

Post Posted: 08 May 2012, 19:54

Be assured that this project is authentic and that I am the original creator of Illhaven. I understand the skepticism especially in view of the many projects proposed by others that never actually come to fruition. I have communicated with UBerserker privately to allay these concerns. Hopefully, that will do it.
The work continues. I have a good working/playable alpha version going.

Sincerely,

Kew

Next