Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

TorchFlameFix v1.0 [Released]

For discussion and promotion of Unreal Engine single-player campaigns, mapping projects and total conversions.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: TorchFlameFix v1.0 [Released]

Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 19:55

http://shivaxi.com/unreal/downloads/TorchFlameFix.zip

I'm sure you're all familiar with this bug yeah?

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

From the readme:

"This TorchFlameFix is for Unreal versions 220 and up/UT99, and made for maps that were created before the 220 patch using the TorchFlame actor.

History lesson time!

The old TorchFlame mesh was smaller and off center compared to the new TorchFlame mesh that was imported since patch 220. So any old maps made before the 220 patch that used these TorchFlames, that are played on Unreal version 220 or higher, would have huge floating off centered TorchFlames. A more popular example of this would be in RTNP's map, "glathriel2.unr", in the hidden nali cave. Apparently there are plenty of old maps that use these TorchFlames that are still being played today, hence why the demand for something like this was great enough for me to make it."

So yeah, finally releasing this. Took me a while to get all the dimensions just right to match how it it is pre-220 versions. TorchFlames are now the exact correct size, rotated the same way as before, and moved accordingly on the x and y axis to match the exact location. The method I used should also work for any TorchFlames that were pre-rotated, resized, and possibly sideways or something...however I haven't come across any maps like that yet =P And mega thanx to UArchitect for fixing the crashing bug with the multiplayer mutator for this.

This includes 3 actors, a summonable actor for an "on the fly" fix, a single player mutator for mappacks that need the fix, and a mutliplayer mutator for servers, which includes an INI file for which you can specify which maps it effects, so you don't have to worry about the mutator effecting levels that don't need the fix, and can have this running 24/7 ^^

Special thanx to all that helped me, Matrix, UArchtect, and DeathPax =)

Seriously, read the readme... ><
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Re: TorchFlameFix v1.0 [Released]

Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 23:46

TFlameM has a mind of its own and need not be tormented like this. :cry:

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011, 23:47

jackrabbit wrote:TFlameM has a mind of its own and need not be tormented like this. :cry:

Are you saying you prefer the nanohuge torchflames

Clownflames

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011, 02:36

ImageImage
Yes.

ha.
ha.
Last edited by jackrabbit on 25 Mar 2011, 02:39, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011, 02:38

OK I'm sold

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011, 16:43

Cool, you made a thread for it. I was thinking of doing so but didn't get around to it. I think I'll do a news-post about this as so many older levels suffer severely from this issue.
Formerly Mman