Well, you know how it works by now. You should be at about 60% build
. If you've been mapping from the beginning and are still well below 60%, then you may have serious problems getting it done in time to the present timeframe.
A New Task
Here's something that I would like everybody to do if possible. It's not a big deal, and shouldn't take that long.
If you've ever played Xidia (and if not, why not?) then you may be aware that Team Phalanx provided a detailed commentary document in which mappers discussed the techniques used in building each of the maps and their feelings about the results. I'd quite like to produce something similar for the maps created for this contest, albeit one that focuses slightly more on influences and inspiration.
As such, please could each entrant provide a short commentary (no more than a few paragraphs) with their submission, discussing:
- The initial inspiration for the map(s);
- Any influences on the design or atmosphere you sought to create;
- How you went about planning the map;
- How you coped with the rules and the six week deadline;
- Whether you learned anything new about mapping during the build process; and
- How pleased you are with the outcome.
I would be interested to hear about everyone's experience of this contest, as I'm sure would a lot of people.